Due to increased workload, we are seeking a motivated individual who has completed professional qualification in Environmental Science / Environmental Engineering and ideally has 1 to 2 years' experience working as an Environmental Scientist or Environmental Engineer. Preference will be shown to candidates with some experience in hazardous building materials surveys, and/or with an asbestos assessor's licence.
Your main responsibilities will include carrying out and supervising field work, reporting and assisting in the preparation of tenders on a wide range of projects, including:
- Contaminated site investigation;
- Hazmat and asbestos investigation;
- Site remediation management;
- Groundwater investigation;
- Acid sulphate soil investigation;
- Waste classification; and
- Report writing.
About The Candidate
The successful applicant will have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to excel in a team environment. You will be a keen learner with a positive, can-do attitude. You must also enjoy working outdoors and be comfortable working independently in remote and rural locations. A valid Australian driver's licence is essential.
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners
- Enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to continue your professional development to advance your technical and leadership expertise.
- Superannuation of 12% employer's contribution after three years' service.
- Five weeks' annual leave after five years' service.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and will be sufficient to attract high quality candidates.
If the position sounds like you, please submit a resume and brief covering letter demonstrating your qualifications, experience and career achievements for consideration.
Only people with work rights in Australia need apply.
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)