Currently we are expanding both our capabilities and market share and therefore need a high calibre geotechnical engineer, engineering geologist or geo-environmental scientist with at least seven to 10 years of experience to assist with our growing clientele. Our Townsville Branch has the resources of larger office, including a NATA registered laboratory, CPT and drilling equipment.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Preparing winning tenders and proposals.
- Planning and coordinating field investigations for a wide variety of medium to large scale residential / commercial / industrial / infrastructure projects.
- Coordination and oversight of site inspection / testing / monitoring services for construction sites for a range of earthworks, pavements, deep excavation, road, rail and tunnel projects.
- Completion or direction of analysis and problem solving using software such as Slope/W, WALLAP, CIRCLY, Plaxis and FLAC to facilitate the geotechnical, structural, civil and environmental designs.
- Writing technical memoranda, letters and reports to a high standard, as expected by our clients.
- Business development, client development and management.
- Mentoring of other geotechnical professionals within the geotechnical team.
About the Candidate
- Approx. 7 to 10 years' professional experience as a Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist with experience in site investigations.
- Must hold a current valid full driver license class C.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients, contractors and auditors.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Proven problem solving and pattern recognition skills.
- High level of computer skills.
- High commitment to Safety.
If the position sounds like you, we would like to hear from you, please submit a resume and brief covering letter demonstrating your qualifications, experience and career achievements for consideration.
Only people with work rights in Australia need apply