An understanding of regional or local groundwater systems is required for almost any development.
The reasons for groundwater investigations vary widely, as do the methodologies and techniques utilised in such investigations.
Douglas Partners has extensive experience in groundwater investigations, which includes:
- Review of relevant information including: geological mapping, hydrogeological data from Government databases and review of previous investigations;
- Geophysical surveying;
- Exploration drilling and borehole logging;
- Construction of monitoring bores and production bores;
- Aquifer and well hydraulic testing (test pumping of water bores), and permeability estimation (slug tests);
- Conceptual, analytical and numerical modelling;
- Groundwater quality assessment; and
- Liaison with Regulatory Authorities.