Tim is an Associate at Douglas Partners and has over 16 years’ experience as an asbestos/hazardous materials consultant and occupational hygienist.
Tim's qualifications include a Bachelor of Science (Geology) (UTS), Postgraduate Diploma (Env. Studies) (Macquarie University) and Master of Science and Technology (Env. Science) (UNSW). Tim is a Licensed Asbestos Assessor (Lic. LAA001015), former NATA accredited counter and signatory for airborne asbestos monitoring, member of the Asbestos and Hazardous Materials Consultants Association (AHCA) and Provisional Member of the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists (AIOH).
Tim has managed large-scale asbestos and hazardous materials audit programs and provided air monitoring, technical supervision, and clearances for projects including large-scale friable asbestos removal work. Tim’s experience also includes remediation and validation programs for asbestos in soil/fill. Clients have included the Department of Defence, School Infrastructure, Health Infrastructure, Roads and Maritime Services and various local council authorities.
Tim’s broader occupational hygiene experience includes:
- Exposure monitoring for VOC’s (e.g. benzene and formaldehyde), inhalable and respirable dust, heavy metals (e.g. mercury and lead), respirable crystalline silica, diesel particulates, ozone and isocyanates;
- Noise dosimetry, noise mapping, radiation and lighting assessments;
- Mould/fungi assessments, odour investigation and indoor air quality assessment;
- Quantitative respirator fit-testing and air quality testing for air-line respirator systems;
- Confined space monitoring; and
- Assessment of unidentified substances.
Projects have been conducted at residential, commercial and industrial sites including hotels, airports, railways, oil refineries, manufacturing and recycling plants, waste disposal facilities, transport depots, construction/demolition sites, schools, hospitals, aged care facilities, museums and high-rise office blocks.
Tim joined DP in 2016 and his current role encompasses development of asbestos/hazardous materials and occupational hygiene services.