Ready to start your career as an environmental engineer / scientist? Then come join our energetic and supportive team at Douglas Partners!
About the Role
Our Central Coast office is seeking a vibrant and motivated Graduate Environmental Engineer/Scientist to join the team. In this role you will complement our consulting group so that projects continue to run efficiently and effectively, thus ultimately maintaining clients’ satisfaction.
Your main responsibilities will include carrying out and supervising field work, reporting and assisting in the preparation of tenders on a wide range of projects, including:
- Assist senior staff on investigation for contaminated sites, groundwater, asbestos, site remediation, acid sulfate soils and waste classification;
- Visit a variety of sites from residential, industrial and rural within the Central Coast and broader area to undertake environmental and geo-environmental assessments;
- Carry out field investigation works including soil, groundwater, surface water and over-water sediment sampling in connection with site assessments;
- Manage a variety subcontractors such as drilling rigs, service locators and traffic control crews to complete the work within allotted timeframes;
- Log the subsurface and contamination conditions whilst undertaking field work;
- Use QGIS and other specialised software to analysis projects and determine solutions; and
- Prepare proposals and write reports for site investigation and inspections.
Given the variety of project work available throughout the year, there is a mix of field work and office-based time.
Douglas Partners understands that you may not possess much exposure to this type of work – that is why we are renowned in the industry for training, professional development, guidance and mentoring from some of the industry’s leaders to enhance your career pathway.
About the Candidate
To be considered for this role, the successful applicant will:
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Competently operate effectively both in a small team environment and independently;
- Demonstrate a positive ‘can-do’ attitude;
- Enjoy working outdoors;
- Be a passionate learner;
- Successfully manage multiple priorities with various stakeholders;
- Achieved a Bachelor of Engineering (BE) or Environmental Science degree; and
- Hold a current Australian driver’s licence (manual would be highly regarded).
What's in it for you?
- On the job learning especially for those interested in a career involving environmental / groundwater and earthworks in the civil field;
- Work / Industry experience.
- No experience necessary
- Career Development and Growth Opportunities
- Challenging and rewarding role in a supportive and friendly team environment
If you believe you have the ‘right stuff’ to thrive in this role, then please fill out your details below. With your application please provide the following:
- A brief cover letter;
- A resume and any work experience references; and
- A copy of university transcript.