About the Role
Douglas Partners Townsville office is seeking vibrant and driven Graduate Environmental Scientist/Environmental Engineer to join our team.
As a graduate, you will gain exposure to our organisational culture, people and day-to-day operations. You will receive an education that stretches beyond the classroom, and you will work with people at the top of their field and engage in a wide variety of projects. In this role you will complement our consulting group so that projects continue to run efficiently and effectively, thus ultimately maintaining clients’ satisfaction.
Some of the duties and responsibilities are:
- Assist senior staff on investigation for contaminated sites, groundwater, asbestos, site remediation, salinity assessments and waste classification;
- Visit a variety of sites from residential, industrial and rural within the Townsville office catchment to undertake environmental and geo-environmental assessments;
- Carry out field investigation works including soil, groundwater, surface water and over-water sediment sampling in connection with site assessments;
- Manage a variety of subcontractors such as drilling rigs, excavators, service locators and traffic control crews to complete the work within allotted timeframes;
- Log the subsurface and contamination conditions whilst undertaking field work;
- Understand and apply QLD endorsed guidelines;
- Adhere to relevant Work Health and Safety requirements; and
- Prepare proposals and write reports for site investigation and inspections.
Douglas Partners understands that you may not possess much exposure to this type of work – that is why we are renowned in the industry for training, professional development, guidance and mentoring from some of the industry’s leaders to enhance your career pathway.
About the Candidate
To be considered for this role, the successful applicant will:
- Possess excellent written communication skills;
- Be able to communicate honestly and clearly with colleagues and clients;
- Be a passionate learner and adaptable to change;
- Demonstrate a positive ‘can-do’ attitude;
- Competently operate effectively both in a small team environment and independently;
- Enjoy working outdoors and a flexible approach that may include operating onsite;
- Achieved a Bachelor of Engineer (BE) or Environmental Science degree; and
- Hold a current Australian driver’s licence (manual would be highly regarded).
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners
Enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to continue your professional development to advance your technical and leadership expertise. We offer generous support for completion of further studies and gaining chartered status.
Our ethos is to allow employees to enjoy the benefits of their efforts. This includes regular salary reviews, an annual bonus system, an overtime system, and potential to become a shareholder. Extended annual leave and superannuation are provided following service milestones.
If you believe you have the ‘right stuff’ to thrive in this role, then please fill out your details below. With your application please provide the following:
- A brief cover letter;
- A resume and any work experience references; and
- A copy of university transcript.
This position is available to people with Australian work rights.
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)