This position is now closed
Be part of our team of highly experienced and innovative environmental consultants providing environmental services and support for contaminated land management, waste management, remediation, salinity and acid sulphate soils assessment, marine environment studies, environmental management plans and environmental auditing projects.
Our Wollongong team is seeking a motivated individual who has completed professional qualification in Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science and ideally has 1 to 2 years' experience working as an Environmental Engineer/Scientist in contaminated land.
Duties will include:
- Assisting senior staff on geotechnical and environmental engineering projects;
- Field investigation work;
- Logging of subsurface conditions;
- Soil, surface and groundwater sampling;
- Site history investigations;
- Laboratory and on-site testing; and
- Proposal and report writing.
The successful applicant will have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to operate effectively in a team environment. The applicant must not only be a keen learner with a positive, can-do attitude they must also enjoy working outdoors and be comfortable working independently in rural and occasionally remote locations. A current manual driver's licence is essential.
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners
- Enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to continue your professional development to advance your technical and leadership expertise. We offer generous support for completion of further studies.
- Our ethos is to allow employees to enjoy the benefits of their efforts. This includes regular salary reviews, an annual bonus system, an overtime system, and potential to become a shareholder. Extended annual leave and superannuation are provided following service milestones.
If the position sounds like you, we would like to hear from you. Application should include:
- a brief cover letter;
- a resume and any work experience references;
- a copy of university transcript.
Only Australian citizens or permanent residents need apply.
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)