About the Role
Our Sunshine Coast office is seeking an Undergraduate / Graduate Geotechnical Engineer to join the team. In this role you will complement our consulting group so that projects continue to run efficiently and effectively, thus ultimately maintaining clients’ satisfaction.
Duties and responsibilities
Your main responsibilities will include carrying out and supervising field work, reporting and assisting in the preparation of tenders on a wide range of projects, including:
- Medium to large scale residential / commercial / industrial / infrastructure projects;
- Site inspection / testing / mapping / monitoring services for construction sites;
- Manage a variety of subcontractors such as drilling rigs, excavators, service locators and traffic control crews to complete the work within allotted timeframes;
- Analysing and problem-solving using software such as Slope/W, WALLAP, Plaxis and FLAC, DIPs, S-Wedge, Settle 3D to facilitate the geotechnical/geological, structural and civil designs;
- Adhere to relevant Work Health and Safety requirements; and
- Prepare proposals by scoping investigations to target project outcomes and client requirements;
- Write engineering reports: geotechnical reports need to be tailored to specific site conditions to inform our clients of a representative ground model, highlight potential risks, and provide design opportunities and practical solutions. Report writing skills are developed over many years and DP will assist you and encourage you during your career, with support from experienced colleagues.
Given the variety of project work available throughout the year, there is a mix of field work and office-based time.
Douglas Partners understands that you may not possess much exposure to this type of work – that is why we are renowned in the industry for training, professional development, guidance and mentoring from some of the industry’s leaders to enhance your career pathway.
To be considered for this role, the successful applicant will:
- Have a keen interest and passion for geotechnical engineering and geology;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Competently operate effectively both in a small team environment and independently;
- Demonstrate a positive ‘can-do’ attitude;
- Enjoy working both outdoors;
- Be a passionate learner;
- Successfully manage multiple priorities with various stakeholders;
- Working toward achieving or having achieved a Bachelor of Engineering (BE) or Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree; and
- Hold a current Australian driver’s licence (Class C) and be able to drive manual vehicles.
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners
Enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to continue your professional development to advance your technical and leadership expertise. We offer generous support for completion of further studies and gaining chartered status.
Our ethos is to allow employees to enjoy the benefits of their efforts. This includes regular salary reviews, an annual bonus system, an overtime system, and potential to become a shareholder. Extended annual leave and superannuation are provided following service milestones.
If you believe you have the ‘right stuff’ to thrive in this role, then please fill out your details below. With your application please provide the following:
- A brief cover letter;
- A resume and any work experience references; and
- A copy of university transcript.