Duties will include:
- Assisting senior staff on geotechnical and environmental engineering projects.
- Field investigation work.
- Soil, surface and groundwater sampling.
- Site history investigations.
- Logging of subsurface conditions.
- Laboratory and on-site testing.
- Proposal and report writing.
The successful applicant will ideally be a recent graduate of local universities or live close to Cairns. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to operate effectively in a team environment. You must not only be a keen learner with a positive, can-do attitude, you must also be practical and enjoy working outdoors and be comfortable working independently in rural and occasionally remote locations. Intermediate MS Office suite and a current manual driver's licence is essential. Previous experience within a similar role will be highly regarded.
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners
- Enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to continue your professional development to advance your technical and leadership expertise. We offer generous support for completion of further studies.
- Our ethos is to allow employees to enjoy the benefits of their efforts. This includes regular salary reviews, an annual bonus system, an overtime system, and potential to become a shareholder. Extended annual leave and superannuation are provided following service milestones.
If the position sounds like you, we would like to hear from you. Application should include:
- a brief cover letter;
- a resume and any work experience references;
- a copy of university transcript.