About the Role
Our Melbourne office is seeking a vibrant and driven Graduate Geotechnical Engineer to join our team. In this role you will complement our consulting group so that projects continue to run efficiently and effectively, thus ultimately maintaining clients’ satisfaction.
As a Graduate Geotechnical Engineer you will:
- Undertake site investigation: compile engineering logs of the subsurface soil / rock in accordance with AS 1726:2017, development of a geotechnical model to characterise the site;
- Organise and supervise field investigation works, manage a variety of subcontractors (such as drilling rigs, excavators, CPT rigs, service locators, etc), and be responsible for the successful completion of the work within allotted timeframes and budgets;
- Visit construction sites to inspect and assess earthworks and footing excavations;
- Adhere to relevant Work Health and Safety requirements;
- Use QGIS, Slope W, Circly and other specialised software to analysis projects and determine solutions;
- Prepare proposals by scoping investigations to target project outcomes and client requirements;
- Write engineering reports: geotechnical reports need to be tailored to specific site conditions to inform our clients of a representative ground model, highlight potential risks, and provide design opportunities and practical solutions. Report writing skills are developed over many years and DP will assist you and encourage you during your career, with support from experienced colleagues.
DP understands that you may not possess much exposure to this type of work - that is why we provide a supportive environment that includes training, professional development, guidance and mentoring from some f the industry's leaders to enhance your career pathway.
About the Candidate
To be considered for this role, the successful applicant will:
- Have a keen interest and passion for geotechnical engineering, geology and groundwater;
- Possess excellent written communication skills;
- Be able to communicate honestly and clearly with colleagues and clients;
- Be a passionate learner and adaptable to change;
- Demonstrate a positive ‘can-do’ attitude;
- Competently operate effectively both in a small team environment and independently;
- Enjoy working outdoors and have a flexible approach that may include operating onsite and in remote locations;
- Ambition for career progression and to eventually train and mentor others;
- Have a Bachelor of Engineering (BE) degree or similar; and
- Current valid full driver licence class C
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners
Enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to continue your professional development to advance your technical and leadership expertise. We offer generous support for completion of further studies and gaining chartered status.
Our ethos is to allow employees to enjoy the benefits of their efforts. This includes regular salary reviews, an annual bonus system, an overtime system, and potential to become a shareholder. Extended annual leave and superannuation are provided following service milestones.
If you believe you have the ‘right stuff’ to thrive in this role, then please fill out your details below. With your application please provide the following:
- A brief cover letter;
- A resume and any work experience references; and
- A copy of university transcript.
This position is available to people with Australian work rights.
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)