This position is now closed
Following the award of some large and high profile building and infrastructure projects, we are looking to expand our geotechnical team. Opportunities exist for talented geotechnical professionals for field, design and project management consultant roles. Local Sydney-based experience is highly regarded.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Assisting to prepare winning tenders.
- Planning and undertaking field investigations for projects including large scale residential estates, high rise commercial buildings with deep basements, large warehouse facilities, major shopping centre upgrades, and significant road / rail / tunnel infrastructure projects.
- Coordinating and undertaking site inspections / tests / monitoring services for construction sites on a diverse range of earthworks, pavements, deep excavation, road, rail and tunnel projects, including the assessment of foundations, pavements, retaining walls, slopes, cuttings and stabilisation options such as rock bolting and catch fencing.
- Undertake monitoring of sites using a range of geotechnical instrumentation.
- Analysis and problem solving using software such as Slope/W, WALLAP, CIRCLY, Plaxis and FLAC.
- Writing technical memoranda, letters and reports.
About the Candidate
- Approx. 3 to 6 years' professional experience as a Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist with experience in site investigations, preferably in the Sydney area.
- Must hold a current valid full driver licence class C.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients and contractors.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Proven problem solving and pattern recognition skills.
- High level of computer skills.
- High commitment to safety.
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners
- Enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to continue your professional development to advance your technical and leadership expertise. We offer generous support for completion of further studies and gaining chartered status.
- Our ethos is to allow employees to enjoy the benefits of their efforts. This includes regular salary reviews, an annual bonus system, an overtime system, and potential to become a shareholder. Extended annual leave and superannuation are provided following service milestones.
If the position sounds like you, we would like to hear from you. Please submit a resume and brief covering letter demonstrating your qualifications, experience and career achievements for consideration.
Only people with work rights in Australia need apply.