This position is now closed
Douglas Partners is committed to investing in your future and providing a place of work where you will be part of a supportive environment and encouraged to continue your professional development to advance your technical and leadership expertise.
Douglas Partners' Canberra office is seeking a highly motivated geotechnical engineer with professional qualifications in Civil Engineering, and 1 to 7 years' experience, to join our team.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Planning and undertaking field investigations.
- Soil, surface and groundwater sampling.
- Site history investigations.
- Logging of subsurface conditions.
- Construction inspections and supervision.
- Assisting with tender preparation.
- Proposal and report writing.
- 1 to 7 years' professional experience as a Geotechnical Engineer.
- Must hold a current valid full driver licence class C.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients, contractors and auditors.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability and interest in undertaking field work in remote locations.
- Proven problem solving and pattern recognition skills.
- High level of computer skills.
- High commitment to safety.
Enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to continue your professional development to advance your technical and leadership expertise. We offer generous support for completion of further studies and gaining chartered status.
Our ethos is to allow employees to enjoy the benefits of their efforts. This includes regular salary reviews, an annual bonus system, an overtime system, and potential to become a shareholder. Extended annual leave and superannuation are provided following service milestones.
If the position sounds like you, we would like to hear from you. Please submit a resume and brief covering letter demonstrating your qualifications, experience and career achievements for consideration.
Only people with work rights in Australia need apply.
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)