This position is now closed
Are you a Senior Geotechnical Consultant looking to join a well-respected company that values it employees in a supportive and cooperative work environment with efficient systems and diverse staff?
About the Role
Currently, an opportunity exists for a Senior Geotechnical Consultant (geotechnical engineer or engineering geologist) to expand the capabilities and service existing and growing clientele in the Wollongong office. Local Sydney Basin-based (and preferably Wollongong/South Coast) experience is highly regarded.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Preparing winning tenders and proposals that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Planning and managing field investigation projects for a wide variety of medium to large scale residential / commercial / industrial / infrastructure developments.
- Cooperatively managing projects for a variety of clients.
- Completion of and providing technical direction for detailed analysis and problem solving using a variety of software such as Slope/W, WALLAP, CIRCLY, Plaxis and FLAC. Slope stability assessments in accordance with AGS.
- Construction inspections (e.g. basement support, geotechnical stability remediation, greenfield and brownfield. developments, pavements) and preparation of advice.
- Writing and providing oversight of professional technical advice in both factual and interpretive form to an industry leading standard, as expected by our clients.
- Business development, client development and management, with potential for internal business management and/or undertaking lead roles that directly assist Douglas Partners to develop younger staff and update our internal operations.
- Mentoring, training and supervising other geotechnical professionals within the geotechnical team.
About the Candidate
- At least 15 years' professional experience as a Geotechnical Engineering Consultant (with CPEng or equivalent), preferably in the Sydney/ Wollongong area.
- Must hold a current valid full driver licence class C.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients, contractors and auditors.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Proven problem solving and pattern recognition skills.
- High level of computer skills.
- High commitment to safety.
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners:
- Enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to continue your professional development to advance your technical and leadership expertise. We offer generous support for completion of further studies and professional affiliations.
- Our ethos is to allow employees to enjoy the benefits of their efforts. This includes regular salary reviews, an annual bonus system and potential to become a shareholder. Extended annual leave and superannuation are provided following service milestones.
If this opportunity excites you, we would love to hear from you. Please submit a resume and brief covering letter demonstrating your qualifications, experience and career achievements for consideration.
Only people with work rights in Australia need apply.