This position is now closed
Our Central Coast office is seeking a vibrant and driven Graduate Geotechnical Engineer to join the team. In this role you will complement our consulting group so that projects continue to run efficiently and effectively, thus ultimately maintaining clients’ satisfaction.
As a Graduate Geotechnical Engineer, you will:
- Assist senior staff on geotechnical projects;
- Carry out field investigation works and manage a variety subcontractors (such as drilling rigs, service locators and traffic control crews) to complete the work within allotted timeframes;
- Sample soil, rock and groundwater in connection with site assessments;
- Log the subsurface conditions whilst undertaking field work;
- Visit construction sites to inspect footing excavations, piling works, retaining walls, etc;
- Adhere to relevant Work Health and Safety requirements; and
- Prepare proposals and write reports for site investigation and inspections.
Given the variety of project work available throughout the year, there is a mix of field work and office-based time. As such, some projects will provide the unique opportunity to work in remote locations so passion and interest for this is essential!
DP understands that you may not possess much exposure to this type of work – that is why we are renowned in the industry for training, professional development, guidance and mentoring from some of the industry’s leaders to enhance your career pathway.
About the Candidate
To be considered for this role, the successful applicant will:
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Competently operate effectively both in a small team environment and independently;
- Demonstrate a positive ‘can-do’ attitude;
- Operate with a flexible approach to work that may include operating in remote locations;
- Enjoy working outdoors;
- Be a passionate learner;
- Successfully manage multiple priorities with various stakeholders;
- Achieved a Bachelor of Engineer (BE) degree; and
- Hold a current Australian driver’s licence.
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners
At DP, we are committed to the objective of fostering a safe, supportive and cooperative work environment with efficient systems and diverse staff.
Here you can enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to continue your career development to advance your skills and expertise.
DP is a strong advocate for Engineers Australia, the national governing body for professional engineers, and provides incentives for obtaining chartered status (CPEng). We also provide attractive benefits for further education.
We also value loyalty, and after three years' service, DP increases its superannuation contribution to 12%, together with providing increased annual leave entitlement after 5 years’ service.
If you believe you have the ‘right stuff’ to thrive in this role, then please provide the following with your application:
- A brief cover letter;
- A resume and any work experience references; and
- A copy of university transcript.
This position is available to Australian citizens or permanent residents and for commencement in late March/April 2019.
Please contact Mr Darryl Carson (Branch Manager) on (02) 4351 1422 for further information.