This position is now closed
Douglas Partners' Brisbane office is seeking an Environmental Consultant with demonstrated experience to provide expert assessment and advisory services via the supervision of contaminated land investigations, examination of findings and the preparation of technical reports for our clients.
Your skill set will allow you to achieve the desired position outcomes including:
- Contaminated site investigations and management
- Site remediation management
- Groundwater investigations and management
- Salinity investigations and preparation of management plans
- Sourcing business development opportunities within the service area and prospective new client base
- Provision of advice and direction regarding relevant regulatory frameworks and project approval pathways
- Maintain relationships with clients and regulatory agencies and other stakeholders
- Mentor less experienced team members
- Analyse and assess the impacts of environmental problems and providing advice regarding best practice
- Administrative and financial management tasks including budget, schedule and timely responses to requests as required by project demands Preparation of concise and high quality proposals and technical reports.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is experienced with managing contaminated land projects both in the field and in the office with a strong client focus. You will report to a Senior Project Manager on all technical, performance and budgetary components of your projects.
Education / Qualifications
- Professional qualifications in Environmental Engineering/Science
- 5 to 10 years’ professional experience as an Environmental Engineer/Scientist, including experience in contaminated site investigations. Candidates with less than 5 years’ experience may be considered based on the quality of their previous experience.
- Must have experience in contaminated land consultancy.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and communicate effectively with clients.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills: a strong team player who builds rapport with both internal & external stakeholders; communicates upwards and is receptive to technical review and guidance;
- Excellent technical report writing skills.
- Proven problem solving and pattern recognition skills.
- High level of computer skills with proficiency in specialised modelling programs.
- Knowledge of Environmental compliance requirements. Ability to apply occupational health and safety and environmental policies, practices and procedures to field work.
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners
- Enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to continue your professional development to advance your technical and leadership expertise. We offer generous support for completion of further studies and gaining chartered status.
- Our ethos is to allow employees to enjoy the benefits of their efforts. This includes regular salary reviews, an annual bonus system, an overtime system, and potential to become a shareholder. Extended annual leave and superannuation are provided following service milestones.
If the position sounds like you, we would like to hear from you, please submit a resume and brief covering letter demonstrating your qualifications, experience and career achievements for consideration.
Only people with work rights in Australia need apply.