About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join our team. Reporting to the Financial Controller, your key responsibilities will include:
- looking after the Cash and bank administration including cash receipts, bank reconciliations and inter-company settlements.
- preparing accurate and complete annual FBT, including entertainment, expense, relocation and residual FBT
- assist the financial controller in with the month end process including journals and GL account reconciliations
About the Candidate
You will need:
- A tertiary qualification in Accounting/Finance and working towards a professional membership of CPA or CA level.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an equivalent accounting role
- Intermediate Microsoft office skills with ability to use VLOOKUP, Pivot Table functions in excel
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong understanding of Basic accounting concepts, cash management & month end process.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines and reporting timetables
- Experience working in a multi-company environment
- Excellent Attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of the wider team
- Adaptable and open to learning new systems and working in an evolving and growing environment
- Exposure to Accounting standards would be highly regarded
- Exposure to system implementation/changes would be highly regarded
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners
- Enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a collaborative team where you will be encouraged to continue your professional development and advance your skills and expertise.
- Our ethos is to provide our people with the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of their efforts. This includes regular salary reviews and an annual bonus system. Provision of enhanced superannuation and annual leave following service milestones is also offered.
- Work flexibly in a supportive environment underpinned by our values of safety, honesty, dependability, cooperation, positivity, respect and flexibility.
If you have the prerequisites for this position, please submit your resume and covering letter.
Please note that only people with Australian work rights will be considered and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.