Douglas Partners is a leading Australian engineering consultancy specialising in the fields of geotechnics, environment and groundwater. With over 500 staff across 19 metropolitan and regional offices, we present you the opportunity to work in any of our 16 NATA-accredited laboratories around the country.
We aim to attract and retain the very best laboratory staff with competitive remuneration, ongoing training opportunities, career development, support for further studies, incentive bonuses and a supportive work environment.
Douglas Partners values a diverse and inclusive workplace with all staff having the opportunity to contribute their unique perspective, technical expertise and experience to the task at hand, allowing us to better adapt to a changing world, recognise solutions from a different perspective and provide our clients best possible solutions and outcomes, whilst providing the opportunity for all staff to harness their full potential.
We are committed to a safe and healthy working environment for all staff and strive to create a positive safety culture where health and safety considerations permeate all that we do.
Our Newcastle branch is currently seeking an Assistant Lab Manager to supervise major earthworks projects in the Newcastle/Hunter region whilst supporting the Laboratory Manager with the daily management of the laboratory to ensure its profitability.
- Perform all laboratory tests in accordance with appropriate standards;
- Train and supervise technicians to carry out tests as per approved procedures, measurements and calculations;
- Check and test the accuracy of testing and measuring equipment, computer hardware and software and commission new equipment as required;
- Regular inspection and calibration of test equipment;
- Check and approve test reports;
- Program testing in consultation with the Laboratory Manager;
- Ensure safe working procedures are adhered to at all times;
- Ensure laboratory efficiencies are maintained.
- Experience in soil, aggregate and concrete testing in accordance with Australian and RMS test methods;
- Demonstrated competence with lab result analysis and reporting;
- Previous NATA signatory experience would be highly advantageous.
You will possess the following:
- Experience in Level 1 Earthworks testing and inspections to AS3798;
- Demonstrated capability to supervise and train technicians;
- Ability to confidently explain testing procedures and results to internal and external stakeholders;
- Certificate 4 in Laboratory Techniques, Diploma or Degree-qualified;
- Radiation Licence and WHS White Card
- Valid Nuclear Gauge Licence;
- Manual transmission driver’s licence; and
We require a team player who communicates effectively, possesses a high level of initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm.
The successful applicant can expect a remuneration package commensurate with their qualifications and experience.
In order to be considered for this position, you must have unlimited working rights for Australia. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.