Our Townsville branch is currently seeking an Assistant Lab Manager to supervise major earthworks projects in the Townsville region whilst supporting the Laboratory Manager with the daily management of the laboratory to ensure its profitability.
- Perform all laboratory tests in accordance with appropriate standards;
- Train and supervise technicians to carry out tests as per approved procedures, measurements and calculations;
- Check and test the accuracy of testing and measuring equipment, computer hardware and software and commission new equipment as required;
- Regular inspection and calibration of test equipment;
- Check and approve test reports;
- Program testing in consultation with the Laboratory Manager;
- Ensure safe working procedures are adhered to at all times;
- Ensure laboratory efficiencies are maintained.
We require a team player who communicates effectively, possesses a high level of initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience in soil, aggregate and concrete testing in accordance with Australian and TMR test methods;
- Demonstrated competence with lab result analysis and reporting;
- Previous NATA signatory experience would be highly advantageous.
- Experience in Level 1 Earthworks testing and inspections to AS3798;
- Demonstrated capability to supervise and train technicians;
- Ability to confidently explain testing procedures and results to internal and external stakeholders;
- Certificate 4 in Laboratory Techniques, Diploma or Degree-qualified;
- Radiation Licence and WHS White Card
- Valid Nuclear Gauge Licence; and
- Manual transmission driver’s licence
Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners
We offer comprehensive on-the-job training that will provide opportunities for a rewarding career. We aim to attract and retain the very best laboratory staff with:
- competitive remuneration;
- on the job training;
- career development;
- support for further studies - studies in laboratory operations, paid for by the company;
- incentive bonuses; and
- a friendly and supportive work environment.
The successful applicant can expect a remuneration package commensurate with their qualifications and experience.
If this opportunity excites you, we would love to hear from you!
Please submit a resume and brief covering letter demonstrating your qualifications, experience for consideration.
In order to be considered for this position, you must have unlimited working rights for Australia. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.