Ideal Role for Civil / Environmental Engineering Students
Douglas Partners Pty Ltd is looking to employ an engineering student to undertake soil testing within our Newcastle Laboratory in a casual soil technician position. We envisage this position will be approximately two days per week during semester and the opportunity for additional works during Uni holiday periods.
The benefits of the role for students includes:
- Income stream during University Career;
- On the job learning especially for those interested in a geotechnical / environmental career;
- Physically active and manual work (no need to pay gym fees!);
- Flexibility around semester workload (student to nominate at least two full days of availability for work);
- Work / Industry experience.
About The Company
Douglas Partners Pty Ltd is a wholly Australian owned industry-leading geotechnical, environmental and groundwater consulting firm employing over 450 people throughout 18 offices across Australia. Our corporate purpose is to provide Understanding and Solutions from the Earth’s Surface Down. We are employee-owned and managed, with a key objective of providing outstanding service to our clients.
At Douglas Partners, our staff are committed to the objective of fostering a safe, supportive and cooperative work environment with efficient systems and diverse staff, who are expected to adapt, learn and grow their technical expertise and character to full potential.
About The Role
Typical duties would include:
- Compaction testing;
- Atterberg limit tests (PI and LS);
- Particle size distribution tests;
- Rock UCS testings;
- Field investigation work (DCP testing).
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, you will be responsible for performing soil, aggregate rock, grout and concrete testing to relevant Australian and State or Territory Standards to AS3798:2007.
About The Candidate
The successful applicant will have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to operate effectively in a team environment. The applicant must not only be a keen learner with a positive, can-do attitude, they must also enjoy working within laboratory and outdoors. The applicant must hold a current Australian driver’s licence (manual preferred).
Application should include:
- A brief cover letter;
- A resume and any work experience references;
- A copy of university transcript;
Only Australian citizens or permanent residents need apply.
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted).