This position is now closed
Our newly established North West Sydney office (based at Riverstone) was formed to provide a local presence for our many clients seeking our services for their developments in Western Sydney. Whilst still quite young, our office has quickly become involved in a variety of wide-ranging public and private projects.
We are seeking a mid to senior level environmental consultant to play a key role in the development of our environmental services in Western Sydney. This is a unique opportunity to play a strategic role working in a team to provide technically excellent and practical advice to our clients. Operating with an appropriate level of autonomy, key components of the role include:
- Liaising with clients and preparing proposals to address client scope of work.
- Project delivery of environmental services in the development of commercial, residential, health-care, educational and infrastructure projects. This will require a combination of field work, project management, analysis and reporting.
- Working alongside DP’s other environmental and geotechnical professionals both at Riverstone and in other offices.
- Developing strong relationships with clients and colleagues. We are looking for someone who has high ethical standards and both enjoys and values working in a team with people of different disciplines, strengths, backgrounds and experience.
We are looking for someone with the following background, skills and approach:
- Ideally 4 to 10 years' experience, with proven experience as an environmental engineer or scientist specialising in Contaminated Land Management. More experienced candidates are also welcome to apply.
- A degree in Engineering or Environmental Science.
- High standard in ensuring a positive workplace and WHS culture.
- Works collaboratively with clients and colleagues to achieve outcome and deadlines for clients.
- Creative thinker and innovative problem solver.
- Good understanding of relevant environmental compliance legislation and regulatory government bodies.
- Committed to broadening their skills and experience. You will either have, or be working towards, being a Certified Environmental Practitioner (Site Contamination) or Certified Professional Soil Scientist.
- Drive and commitment towards managing projects and meeting deadlines.
- Strong work ethic, consistent and reliable in attitude to work.
- Proficient computer skills with knowledge of relevant industry software.
- High level oral and written communication skills including technical report writing.
- Ability to travel. Most of the travel is expected to be within the greater Sydney region with occasional trips to regional areas.
If the position sounds like you, we would like to hear from you. Please submit a resume and brief covering letter demonstrating your qualifications, experience and career achievements for consideration.
Only people with work rights in Australia need apply.