About the Role
Our Perth office is seeking a motivated Environmental Engineer / Science who ideally has 3 to 5 years' experience to join the team. This is a great opportunity to work and make a difference in a unique part of Australia, while building technical knowledge in a variety of fields.
Duties and responsibilities are:
- Undertake and assist senior staff on investigations for contaminated sites, groundwater, asbestos, site remediation, acid sulfate soils assessments and waste classification;
- Carry out field investigation works including soil, groundwater, surface water, over-water sediment sampling in connection with site assessments;
- Manage a variety of subcontractors such as drilling rigs, excavators, service locators and traffic control crews to complete the work within allotted timeframes;
- Log the subsurface and contamination conditions whilst undertaking field work;
- Understand and apply relevant WA and Australian guidelines for contamination assessment and remediation;
- Adhere to relevant Work Health and Safety requirements; and
- Prepare proposals and write reports for site investigation and inspections.
To be considered for this role, the successful applicant will:
- Have a keen interest and passion for environmental engineering, environmental science, geology and groundwater;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Competently operate effectively both in a small team environment and independently;
- Demonstrate a positive ‘can-do’ attitude;
- Enjoy working both outdoors and in the office;
- Be a passionate learner, with ambition for career progression and to eventually train and mentor others;
- Successfully manage multiple priorities with various stakeholders;
- Achieved a Bachelor of Engineer (BE) or Environmental Science (BSc) degree; and
- Hold a current Australian driver’s licence (manual would be highly regarded).
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners
Enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to continue your professional development to advance your technical and leadership expertise. We offer generous support for completion of further studies and gaining chartered status.
Our ethos is to allow employees to enjoy the benefits of their efforts. This includes regular salary reviews, an annual bonus system, an overtime system, and potential to become a shareholder. Extended annual leave and superannuation are provided following service milestones.
If you believe you have the ‘right stuff’ to thrive in this role, then please fill out your details below. With your application please provide the following:
- A brief cover letter; and
- A resume and any work experience references;
This position is available to people with Australian work rights.
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)