About the Role
Our Newcastle office is seeking a motivated Environmental Engineer / Scientist who ideally has 5 years' experience to join the team. This is a great opportunity to work and make a difference in a unique part of Australia, while building technical knowledge in a variety of fields.
Duties and responsibilities are:
- Undertake and assist senior staff on investigations for contaminated sites, groundwater, asbestos, site remediation, acid sulfate soils assessments and waste classification;
- Carry out field investigation works including soil, groundwater, surface water, over-water sediment sampling in connection with site assessments;
- Manage a variety of subcontractors such as drilling rigs, excavators, service locators and traffic control crews to complete the work within allotted timeframes;
- Log the subsurface and contamination conditions whilst undertaking field work;
- Understand and apply relevant Australian guidelines for contamination assessment and remediation;
- Adhere to relevant Work Health and Safety requirements; and
- Prepare proposals and write reports for site investigation and inspections.
To be considered for this role, the successful applicant will:
- Have a keen interest and passion for environmental engineering, environmental science, geology and groundwater;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Competently operate effectively both in a small team environment and independently;
- Demonstrate a positive ‘can-do’ attitude;
- Enjoy working both outdoors and in the office;
- Be a passionate learner, with ambition for career progression and to eventually train and mentor others;
- Successfully manage multiple priorities with various stakeholders;
- Achieved a Bachelor of Engineer (BE) or Environmental Science (BSc) degree; and
- Hold a current Australian driver’s licence (Class C) and be able to drive manual vehicles.
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners
- Enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a collaborative team where you will be encouraged to continue your professional development and advance your skills and expertise.
- Our ethos is to provide our people with the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of their efforts. This includes regular salary reviews and an annual bonus system. Provision of enhanced superannuation and annual leave following service milestones is also offered.
- Work flexibly in a supportive environment underpinned by our values of safety, honesty, dependability, cooperation, positivity, respect and flexibility.
If you have the prerequisites for this position, please submit your resume and covering letter.
Please note that only people with Australian work rights will be considered.