About the Role
Our branch, based at Goulburn, provides a local presence for our many clients seeking our services for their projects in Goulburn, Canberra and the Southern Highlands of NSW. We have developed a fully equipped NATA- accredited laboratory and have quickly become involved in a wide variety of public and private projects.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Soil & Concrete Technician to join our fully equipped NATA-registered laboratory on a 6-month fixed term project to assist with a large infrastructure project. On the successful completion of this project we may have other opportunities within our National business.
The role combines field and laboratory work where you will be responsible for performing soil (CBR, Grading, Atterbergs, Compaction Control), concrete testing, to relevant Australian and State or Territory Standards and Levels 1 and 2 testing to AS3798. Knowledge of quarry product testing would be beneficial. You may also be tasked to carry out calibrations, QA, management and training to less experienced technicians.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience working in a concrete and soil laboratory environment,
- Be a team player with a high level of initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm.
- Your excellent communication and computer skills, commitment and desire to deliver work to the highest standards are essential.
- A nuclear density moisture gauge licence will be highly regarded.
- White Card and manual driver’s licence is preferable for all successful candidates
This is an outstanding opportunity to grow and develop your career with an Australian business success story. As our business grows, so will your career. Remuneration will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s skills, qualifications and experience and for working on a large infrastructure project.
If you believe you have the ‘right stuff’ to thrive in this role, then please fill out your details below. With your application please provide the following:
- A brief cover letter; and
- A resume and any work experience references.
To be considered for this position, you must be eligible to work in Australia with no restrictions.
(Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted)