About the Role
You will use your knowledge and skills to support the geotechnical team in our Brisbane office, to deliver the company objectives and provide outstanding client satisfaction with integrity. You will report to the Geotechnical Manager and work with an enthusiastic, energetic and diverse team to exceed client’s expectations with a willingness to strive: Enabling All to Thrive.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Assisting staff in the preparation of winning tenders and proposals.
- Undertaking field investigations for a wide variety of medium to large scale residential / commercial / industrial / infrastructure projects.
- Undertaking site inspections / testing / monitoring services for construction sites.
- Project management commensurate with candidates level of experience.
- Analysing and problem solving using various software facilitate the geotechnical, structural, and civil designs.
- Writing technical memoranda, letters and reports to a high standard, as expected by our clients.
About the Candidate
- Passionate about learning and working in a team environment both in the office and in the field to find practical solutions for interesting engineering challenges.
- Ability to collaborate with resourceful and efficient clients, and other geotechnical and engineering professionals.
- From 1 to 3 years’ professional experience as a Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist, with experience in undertaking geotechnical site investigations and providing structural geology advice for active civil construction and stabilisation projects.
- Excellent writing, computer and analytical skills.
- High commitment to safety.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline.
- Hold a current Australian driver’s licence (manual would be highly regarded).
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners
Enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to continue your professional development to advance your technical and leadership expertise. We offer generous support for completion of further studies and gaining chartered status.
Our ethos is to allow employees to enjoy the benefits of their efforts. This includes regular salary reviews, an annual bonus system, an overtime system, and potential to become a shareholder. Extended annual leave and superannuation are provided following service milestones.
If you believe you have the ‘right stuff’ to thrive in this role, then please fill out your details below. With your application please provide the following:
- A brief cover letter; and
- A resume and any work experience references;
This position is available to people with Australian work rights.
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)