Are you a Senior Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist looking to join a well respected company that values it employees in a supportive and cooperative work environment with efficient systems and diverse staff?
Some of our Projects:
Douglas Partners is playing a major role in most of the large infrastructure projects underway in Sydney. Douglas Partners is also involved in numerous deep basement excavations across the city, including Green Square, Castle Towers and several CBD office and residential towers.
About the Role:
We are seeking a suitably qualified Senior Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist in the field of Rock Mechanics (possibly with Structural Engineering background / qualifications) with a considerable degree of originality, expertise and judgement.
You will be responsible for:
- Identification of rock and soil hazards and techniques for their remediation and management;
- Management of geotechnical and geomechanical projects;
- Analysis and geotechnical design / solutions of geotechnical and rock mechanics problems;
- Technical report writing and preparing proposals;
- Controlling project costs and deadlines;
- Mentoring and managing staff on project work; and
- Development of new business.
Criteria for the Role:
- Professional qualifications in engineering geology / geotechnical engineering / civil engineering (preferably Masters; CPEng);
- 10 to 15 years of relevant construction / consulting experience across a diverse range of projects, with emphasis on building excavations / underground openings / tunnelling / mine works and shafts;
- Excellent leadership abilities to mentor and develop younger engineers;
- Strong technical report writing skills;
- Relevant high-level software skills for analysis of geotechnical problems;
- Experience in 3D modelling – FLAC preferred.
- Commercially astute with well-developed industry contacts.
The position requires a strong team player with a high level of initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm, and the ability to run projects as well as communicate effectively with clients.
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners:
- Enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to continue your professional development to advance your technical and leadership expertise. We offer generous support for completion of further studies and gaining chartered status.
- Our ethos is to allow employees to enjoy the benefits of their efforts. This includes annual salary review, annual bonus, an overtime system and potential to become a shareholder. Extended annual leave and superannuation are provided following service milestones.
If the position sounds like you, we would like to hear from you. Please submit a resume and brief covering letter demonstrating your qualifications, experience and career achievements for consideration.
(Only people with work rights in Australia need apply.)