About the Role
Currently we are expanding both our capabilities and market share and therefore need a high calibre geotechnical engineer with at least five years of experience to assist with our growing clientele. Our Sydney Branch has the resources of a larger office, including a NATA-registered laboratory, CPT and drilling equipment.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Preparing winning tenders and proposals.
- Planning and coordinating field investigations for a wide variety of medium to large scale residential / commercial / industrial / infrastructure projects.
- Coordination and oversight of site inspection / testing / monitoring services for construction sites for a range of earthworks, pavements, deep excavation, road, rail and tunnel projects.
- Completion or direction of analysis and problem-solving using software such as Slope/W, WALLAP, CIRCLY, Plaxis and FLAC to facilitate the geotechnical, structural, civil and environmental designs.
- Writing technical memoranda, letters and reports to a high standard, as expected by our clients.
- Business development, client development and management.
- Mentoring of other geotechnical professionals within the geotechnical team.
About the Candidate
- Preferably five years' professional experience as a Geotechnical Engineer with experience in site investigations.
- Practically minded and enjoy outdoor work.
- Must hold a current valid full driver licence class C.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients, contractors and auditors.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Proven problem solving and pattern recognition skills.
- High level of computer skills.
- High commitment to safety.
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners
Enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to continue your professional development to advance your technical and leadership expertise. We offer generous support for completion of further studies and gaining chartered status.
Our ethos is to allow employees to enjoy the benefits of their efforts. This includes regular salary reviews, an annual bonus system, an overtime system, and potential to become a shareholder. Extended annual leave and superannuation are provided following service milestones.
If you believe you have the ‘right stuff’ to thrive in this role, then please fill out your details below. With your application please provide the following:
- A brief cover letter;
- A resume and any work experience references; and
- A copy of university transcript.
This position is available to people with Australian work rights.
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)