About the Role
Our Perth office is currently expanding both their capabilities and market share and therefore need a high calibre geotechnical engineer to assist with their growing clientele. You will apply your knowledge and skills to support our geotechnical team working with an enthusiastic, energetic and diverse team to exceed client’s expectations.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Preparing winning tenders and proposals.
- Planning and coordinating field investigations for a wide variety of medium to large scale residential / commercial / industrial / infrastructure / resource projects.
- Coordination and oversight of site inspections / testing / monitoring services for construction sites for a range of earthworks, pavements and deep excavation.
- Completion or direction of analysis and problem-solving using software such as Slope/W, WALLAP, CIRCLY and Plaxis to facilitate the geotechnical, structural and civil designs.
- Writing technical memoranda, letters and reports to a high standard, as expected by our clients.
- Business development, client development and management.
About the Candidate
- 3 to 5 years' professional experience as a Geotechnical Engineer, Engineering Geologist or in a related field, with experience in site investigations (soil and rock logging to AS 1726, CPTs etc).
- Practically minded and enjoy outdoor work.
- Must hold a current valid full driver licence class C.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients, contractors and auditors.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Proven problem solving and pattern recognition skills.
- High level of computer skills.
- High commitment to safety.
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners
Enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to continue your professional development to advance your technical and leadership expertise. We offer generous support for completion of further studies and gaining chartered status.
Our ethos is to allow employees to enjoy the benefits of their efforts. This includes regular salary reviews, an annual bonus system, an overtime system, and potential to become a shareholder. Extended annual leave and superannuation are provided following service milestones.
If you believe you have the ‘right stuff’ to thrive in this role, then please fill out your details below. With your application please provide the following:
- A brief cover letter;
- A resume and any work experience references; and
- A copy of university transcript.
This position is available to people with Australian work rights.
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)