Are you an experienced geotechnical engineer and/or manager with geotechnical experience wondering what the next step in your career may be or wanting a change of scenery? Do you have the drive and commitment to lead, collaborate and build with an existing diverse team of engineers/technicians?
Douglas Partners is seeking an enthusiastic, reliable and dynamic person to lead, support and develop our existing team of engineers/technicians. In addition to leading the team, there will be a strong focus on building robust working relationships with new clients and embracing such values as safety, culture, diversity, flexibility and inclusion which are at the heart of the DP family.
About the Role
Effectively managing and directing all aspects of the branch to ensure maximum: development and growth of the team and business; safety and well being; efficiency; and management of branch to deliver projects/work on time and within budgets. Reporting to the Regional Manager, your main responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Enhance and foster development and opportunities driven by our values and behaviours.
- Ensuring that the Company's QA/OHS/environmental management system is understood by the branch and standard Company procedures are being used properly including document control procedures.
- Working with the Regional Manager to achieve company objectives.
- Developing and growing the branch.
- Coordinating and allocating resources to meet branch requirements.
- Managing personnel with the support of HR.
- Overall monitoring of the financial performance of the branch.
- Preparing annual branch budget and quarterly reports to advise Regional Manager on capital expenditure needs.
Desirable Skills and Attributes
- Ability to slot into a positive, diverse and inclusive environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Demonstrate initiative and a “can do” approach.
- Ability to co-ordinate office facility, vehicle and equipment requirements.
- Confidence in presenting to groups and dealing with clients and/or senior management.
- High-level problem-solving skills including the proven ability to use initiative to assess the complexity of the issue and come up with a sound solution.
- Strong work ethic, consistent and reliable in attitude to team members and project work.
- Experience working in the geotechnical/environmental industry is desirable.
- Knowledge of OHS compliance and Risk Management requirements.
- Ability to apply occupational health and safety and environmental policies, practices and procedures to field work.
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners
- salary and benefits will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a supportive environment where you are encouraged to continue your professional development in both technical and leadership expertise.
- superannuation of 12% employer’s contribution after three years’ service; and
- five weeks Annual Leave after five years’ service.
If you have the prerequisites for this position, please submit your resume and covering letter.
Please note that only people with Australian work rights will be considered and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.