Our Macarthur office is seeking a highly motivated person who has completed professional qualifications in Civil Engineering, preferably with Honours, and ideally has up to 2 years’ experience working as a Geotechnical Engineer.
You will use your knowledge and skills to support the geotechnical team in our Macarthur office, to deliver the company objectives and to provide outstanding client satisfaction with integrity. You will report to the Geotechnical Manager and work with an enthusiastic, energetic and diverse team to exceed clients' expectations with a willingness to strive for excellence.
- Assisting senior staff on geotechnical and environmental engineering projects.
- Field investigation work.
- Soil, surface and groundwater sampling.
- Site history investigations.
- Logging of subsurface conditions. Proposal and report writing.
Essential Strengths and Attributes
- Passionate about learning and working in a team environment, both in the office and in the field, to find practical solutions for interesting engineering and environmental challenges.
- Ability to collaborate with clients, and other environmental, geotechnical and engineering professionals.
- Current driver’s licence, class C.
- Excellent writing, computer and analytical skills.
- High commitment to safety. Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline.
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners
- Enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to continue your professional development to advance your technical and leadership expertise. We offer generous support for completion of further studies and attaining professional certifications.
- Our ethos is to allow employees to enjoy the benefits of their efforts. This includes regular salary reviews, an annual bonus system and potential to become a shareholder. Extended annual leave and superannuation are provided following service milestones.
If this opportunity excites you, we would love to hear from you. Please submit a resume, university transcript and a brief covering letter demonstrating your qualifications experience, and career achievements for our consideration.
Only people with work rights in Australia need apply.