About The Role
Our Sydney office is seeking a Junior Environmental Engineer / Scientist who ideally has 1 to 2 years' experience to join the team. In this role you will complement our consulting group so that projects continue to run efficiently and effectively, thus ultimately maintaining clients’ satisfaction.
Your main responsibilities will include carrying out and supervising field work, reporting and assisting in the preparation of tenders on a wide range of projects, including:
- Contaminated site investigation;
- Hazmat and asbestos investigation;
- Site remediation management;
- Groundwater investigation;
- Acid sulfate soil investigation;
- Waste classification; and
- Report writing.
Given the variety of project work available throughout the year, there is a mix of field work and office-based time.
Douglas Partners understands that you may not possess much exposure to this type of work – that is why we are renowned in the industry for training, professional development, guidance and mentoring from some of the industry’s leaders to enhance your career pathway.
About the Candidate
To be considered for this role, the successful applicant will:
- Have a keen interest and passion for environmental engineering, environmental science, geology and groundwater;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Competently operate effectively both in a small team environment and independently;
- Demonstrate a positive ‘can-do’ attitude;
- Enjoy working outdoors;
- Be a passionate learner;
- Successfully manage multiple priorities with various stakeholders;
- Achieved a Bachelor of Engineer (BE) or Environmental Science degree; and
- Hold a current Australian driver’s licence (Class C) and be able to drive manual vehicles.
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners
Enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to continue your professional development to advance your technical and leadership expertise. We offer generous support for completion of further studies and gaining chartered status.
Our ethos is to allow employees to enjoy the benefits of their efforts. This includes regular salary reviews, an annual bonus system, an overtime system, and potential to become a shareholder. Extended annual leave and superannuation are provided following service milestones.
If you believe you have the ‘right stuff’ to thrive in this role, then please fill out your details below. With your application please provide the following:
- A brief cover letter;
- A resume and any work experience references; and
- A copy of university transcript.
This position is available to people with Australian work rights.
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)