This position is now closed
Come and join Australia’s leading and award winning employee-owned engineering consultancy where you can use your strong management and leadership skills to grow your career in an innovative and growing company.
Douglas Partners is seeking an experienced laboratory manager to work in our newly established North Western Sydney office located in Riverstone, NSW.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, you will be responsible for;
- Supervision and management of laboratory staff including training of technicians;
- Coordination of day to day operational requirements of the Testing Laboratory;
- Liaising with internal staff and clients on testing schedules, methods, procedures and results;
- Managing and coordinating Level 1 projects;
- Ensuring that sampling, testing and reporting are always carried out in accordance with the specifications, using appropriate test methods;
- Preparation of test reports and generating invoices;
- Ensuring that all test reports issued with NATA endorsement are checked for correctness before signing and issuing to clients;
- Ensuring ongoing compliance to the company Laboratory Management Manual and ISO/IEC 17025
- Ensuring proper maintenance and calibration of all laboratory equipment; and
- Ensuring safe operating procedures are adopted.
We are seeking an experienced laboratory manager who is team player with a high level of initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm. Your excellent communication skills, commitment, motivation and your desire to deliver work to the highest standards will be highly regarded.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, ideally candidates will possess:
- 5+ years’ experience in laboratory and field testing of soils, aggregate and concrete testing to relevant Australian and RMS standards;
- Experience in problem solving involving research, analysis and evaluation of information;
- Knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025 requirements
- Ability to prepare and report NATA-certified results for clients;
- Self-motivation with the ability to work with minimal supervision;
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritise and schedule work, and meet deadlines;
- Knowledge of WHS compliance and Risk Management requirements;
- Advanced experience in testing equipment;
- Intermediate experience with associated software including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Previous experience in managing a laboratory would be advantageous.
A driver’s license (preferably manual) is essential for all successful applicants.
This is an outstanding opportunity to grow and develop your career in a new office within a company that continues to grow year upon year. As our business grows, so will your career.
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
(Only people with work rights in Australia need apply)