Come and join Australia’s leading and award winning employee-owned engineering consultancy where you can use your strong management and leadership skills to grow your career in an innovative and growing company.
Douglas Partners is seeking an experienced Laboratory Manager to work in our office located in Goulburn, NSW.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Supervision and management of laboratory staff including training of technicians;
- Coordination of day-to-day operational requirements of the Testing Laboratory;
- Liaising with internal staff and clients on testing schedules, methods, procedures and results;
- Ensuring that sampling, testing and reporting are always carried out in accordance with the specifications, using appropriate test methods;
- Preparation of test reports and generating invoices;
- Ensuring that all test reports issued with NATA endorsement are checked for correctness before signing and issuing to clients;
- Ensuring ongoing compliance to the company Laboratory Management Manual and ISO/IEC 17025;
- Ensuring proper maintenance and calibration of all laboratory equipment; and
- Ensuring safe operating procedures are adopted.
About the Candidate
We are seeking an experienced Laboratory Manager, or someone with extensive soil testing experience looking to take the next step into management. You will be a team player with a high level of initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm. Your excellent communication skills, commitment, motivation and your desire to deliver work to the highest standards will be highly regarded.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Earthworks Manager in coordinating field work.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, the ideal candidate will possess:
- 5+ years of experience in laboratory and field testing of soils, aggregate and concrete testing to relevant Australian and RMS standards;
- Experience in problem solving involving research, analysis and evaluation of information;
- Cert IV in Laboratory Techniques;
- Knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025 requirements;
- Ability to prepare and report NATA-certified results for clients;
- Self-motivation with the ability to work with minimal supervision;
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritise and schedule work, and meet deadlines;
- Knowledge of WHS compliance and Risk Management requirements;
- Advanced experience in testing equipment;
- Intermediate experience with associated software including Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Previous experience in managing a laboratory would be advantageous;
- A driver’s licence (preferably manual) is essential.
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners:
- Enjoy working for a company alongside the owners who are committed to your success. You will be part of a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to continue your professional development to advance your technical and leadership skills. Learn from acknowledged leaders in the field of geology and engineering.
- Our ethos is to allow employees to enjoy the benefits of their efforts. This includes annual salary review, annual bonus, an overtime system and potential to become a shareholder. Extended annual leave and superannuation are provided following service milestones.
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If this opportunity excites you, we would love to hear from you. Please submit a resume and brief covering letter demonstrating your qualifications, experience and career achievements for consideration.
(Only people with work rights in Australia need apply)