About the Role
Your new role will support the Wollongong branch as a key go-to person who proactively thinks on their feet and problem solves to contribute to the smooth-running of the branch. You will be part of an established team and assist the consulting staff by managing administrative duties for the office as well as involvement with projects.
Specific responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Efficiently assist the engineering, earthworks, laboratory and office management teams by applying your understanding of our systems and processes to identify and implement practical solutions to effectively achieve the required outcomes;
- Project administrative duties such as proposal and project setup, ordering of 3rd party information and consumables and data entry of various project and client information into engineering and project management software;
- Assist with preparation of tenders, proposals, EOI & similar submissions to promote business capabilities;
- Assist in the preparation of client deliverables including formatting and collation of correspondences, presentations and engineering reports and accompanying documentation;
- Assist with preparation of invoices and manage accounts payable and receivable handling;
- Assisting with monthly reporting as required by management;
- Management of reception including undertaking reception duties, as required;
- Management of the general office record system including project closures, filing and archiving;
- Willingness to support colleagues with administrative overflow whenever required;
- Preparation/co-ordination of client and staff social events.
Hours are generally Monday to Friday 7.30am – 4pm. For the right candidate hours may be negotiated.
The successful applicant will have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role and preferably within an engineering or professional services industry;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel, and a proven ability to learn operational requirements for engineering and project management software;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills;
- Proactive and resourceful attitude with good problem solving skills;
- Strong time management and organisational skills;
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads to meet various deadlines.
- Sound interpersonal skills that provide you with the ability to work with a range of stakeholders from across the organisation.
- A genuine interest to help others and working as part of a team.
- Proactive and flexibility - no two days are the same!
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners
Enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to continue your professional development to advance your technical and leadership expertise.
Our ethos is to allow employees to enjoy the benefits of their efforts. This includes regular salary reviews and an annual bonus system. Extended annual leave and superannuation are provided following service milestones.
Work flexibly in a supportive environment underpinned by our values of safety, honesty, dependability, cooperation, positivity, respect and flexibility.
If you believe you have the ‘right stuff’ to thrive in this role, then please fill out your details below. With your application please provide the following:
- A brief cover letter;
- A resume and any work experience references; and
- A copy of university transcript.
This position is available to people with Australian work rights.
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)