This position is now closed
Seeking a Rock Mechanics Site Engineer who is looking for a career with an industry-leading geotechnical, environmental and groundwater consulting firm which encourages and supports you in growing your technical expertise and character to full potential.
Some of Our Projects:
Douglas Partners is playing a major role in most of the large infrastructure projects underway in Sydney. Douglas Partners is also involved in numerous deep basement excavations across the city, including Green Square, Castle Towers and several CBD office and residential towers.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Rock Mechanics Site Engineer to join our West Ryde office.
You will be responsible for:
- Geological face mapping of excavations, tunnels and mine pits;
- Slope risk assessments in accordance with AGS LRA/LRM (2007);
- Identification of rock hazards and techniques for their remediation and management;
- Analysis of slope stability problems using computer software (e.g. Slope/W);
- Design of slope and face stabilisation measures such as soil nails, anchors, rockbolts and face netting;
- Analysis and stratigraphic assessment of borehole information and formation of geotechnical models;
- Management of and perform geotechnical / site investigation projects, including organising field and laboratory work;
- Technical report writing and preparing proposals;
- Controlling project costs and deadlines; and
- Managing staff on project work.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of geotechnical consulting or contracting experience;
- Professional qualifications in engineering geology;
- Mining / Tunnel experience;
- Strong technical report writing skill;
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude and good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Drive and commitment towards managing projects from tender to invoice stages.
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners:
- Enjoy working for a company alongside the owners who are committed to your success. You will be part of a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to continue your professional development to advance your technical and leadership skills. Learn from acknowledged leaders in the field of geology and engineering.
- Our ethos is to allow employees to enjoy the benefits of their efforts. This includes annual salary review, annual bonus, an overtime system and potential to become a shareholder. Extended annual leave and superannuation are provided following service milestones.
If the position sounds like you, please submit a resume and a brief covering letter demonstrating your qualifications, experience and career achievements for consideration.
(Only people with work rights in Australia need apply.)