Looking for a work/life balance and a relaxed coastal lifestyle? Then look no further as our Sunshine Coast office is seeking to employ trainee Soil Technicians to join our fully equipped NATA-registered laboratory on the Sunshine Coast. You will be a key part in the growth of our earthworks testing division by working with a team that provides geotechnical and environmental consulting services in a wide variety of public and private projects.
The role combines field and laboratory work where you will be responsible for performing soil (primarily compaction control tests and material quality assessments), aggregate rock testing, to relevant Australian and State Roads Standards and Levels 1 and 2 testing to AS3798.
About the Candidate
You will need:
- a high level of initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm and be a team player.
- excellent communication skills, motivation and commitment to deliver work to the highest standard will be highly regarded.
- a valid driver's manual licence is a must;
- You will be a team player with a high level of initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm.
- The position consists of hands-on testing, analytical assessment on data and or the preparation of test reports.
This is an outstanding opportunity to develop your career with a company that values their employees and knows what is required to continue personal growth. These positions would allow the successful candidates to undertake studies in laboratory operations, paid for by the company. There is also the potential for travel between our various laboratories or for project work.
Any previous experience in CMT soils laboratories or the construction industry, while not necessary would be beneficial.
If you believe you have the ‘right stuff’ to thrive in this role, then please fill out your details below. With your application please provide the following:
- A brief cover letter; and
- A resume and any work experience references.
School leavers are encouraged to apply.
To be considered for this position, you must be eligible to work in Australia with no restrictions.
(Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted)