Douglas Partners is looking for enthusiastic and reliable people to join our team. The position consists of hands-on testing, analytical assessment on data and or the preparation of test reports.
To be successful in this role, it is expected that you will have considerable experience in soil, aggregate and concrete testing in accordance with Australian and TfNSW test methods.
Additionally, you will be familiar with analysing and reporting results and be confident in your knowledge and ability to explain testing procedures and results to internal and external clients. You would also be required to supervise and train junior staff on site.
- Minimum 5 years’ proven experience in construction materials testing (including major projects);
- Experience in Level 1 Earthworks supervision to AS3798;
- Have the ability to supervise other employees;
- A solid understanding of Australian and TfNSW Standards for soil, aggregate and concrete testing;
- Manual driver’s licence – highly regarded;
- OH&S Induction card;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team;
- A current NSW Nuclear Gauge Licence;
- Previous NATA signatory experience would be an advantage.
You will work closely with our Laboratory Manager and senior staff and will be trained to perform soil, aggregate and concrete testing in accordance with relevant national and state standards.
- a high level of initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm and be a team player.
- excellent communication skills, motivation and commitment to deliver work to the highest standard will be highly regarded.
- a valid driver's licence, manual preferable;
- be able travel to construction sites around Wollongong and close regional area.
Any previous experience in soils laboratories or the construction industry, while not necessary would be beneficial. School leavers are encouraged to apply.
This is an outstanding opportunity to develop your career with a company that values their employees and knows what is required to continue personal growth. We offer comprehensive on-the-job training that will provide opportunities for a rewarding career.
If you believe you have the ‘right stuff’ to thrive in this role, then please fill out your details below. With your application please provide the following:
- A brief cover letter; and
- A resume and any work experience references.
This position is available to people with Australian work rights. (Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)