Our Townsville office is always looking for opportunities to grow the capabilities of our office and, most importantly, our staff. We are currently seeking to employ a Technical Officer.
As a Technical Officer working with both the engineering and laboratory teams, you will effectively take responsibility of our drilling and CPT equipment to help deliver investigations on time and to budget (and therefore keep clients happy to give us more work). You will also assist with general equipment maintenance and calibrations, and undertake appropriate laboratory / earthworks tasks, when needed.
- Develop safe drilling (auger and SPT) and CPT operation skills quickly, and keep immaculate records.
- Proactive, rather than reactive, to equipment maintenance and housekeeping.
- Rapidly develop ability to log soils to DP standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Mobilise at short notice to jobs, with remote work (including other regional office – e.g. Cairns and Darwin) likely up to a maximum of say one week away from home on the odd occasion.
- Enjoy a diverse and interesting role with a great team and some excellent equipment.
- Manual driver licence essential.
- Strong commitment to safety and doing the right thing.
Training and development opportunities and local support will be provided.
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners
- Enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to continue your professional development to advance your technical and leadership expertise.
- Our ethos is to allow employees to enjoy the benefits of their efforts. This includes regular salary reviews, an annual bonus system and potential to become a shareholder. Extended annual leave and superannuation are provided following service milestones.
If this opportunity excites you, we would love to hear from you. Please submit a resume and a brief covering letter demonstrating your qualifications, experience, and career achievements for our consideration.
(Only people with work rights in Australia need apply)