This position is now closed
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Writer to join our team at our Head Office based in West Ryde.
Working in a refurbished office with a supportive team, this role will work with multiple stakeholders to create documents and manuals that explain complex information in a clear and concise manner to a diverse audience via a range of media platforms.
Your responsibilities include:
- Plan, develop, organise, write and edit operational procedures and manuals to increase system clarity, performance and usability
- Utilise a variety of media forms including images, videos and flowcharts
- Analyse current content and make enhancements as necessary
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyse documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature Elicit and elaborate information from various internal departments and external sources as necessary.
About the Candidate
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position, preferably in a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong knowledge base and ability to work cooperatively with other teams are a must.
- Strong attention to detail and grammatical correctness with flair for picking up industry terminology
- Passion for working in a team-based technical environment
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Great planning and organisation approaches
- Enthusiasm for finding new ways of solving problems
- Ability to bring the team on a journey to learn what you know Proficiency in MS Office, MS Visio and MS SharePoint.
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners:
- Enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to continue your professional development to advance your technical and leadership expertise. We offer generous support for completion of further studies and professional affiliations. Our ethos is to allow employees to enjoy the benefits of their efforts. This includes regular salary reviews, an annual bonus system and potential to become a shareholder. Extended annual leave and superannuation are provided following service milestones.
If this opportunity excites you, we would love to hear from you. Please submit a resume and brief covering letter demonstrating your qualifications, experience and career achievements for consideration.
Only people with work rights in Australia need apply.