This position is now closed
An opportunity to join Australia’s leading and award winning employee-owned engineering consultancy and be part of an innovative and growing company.
Douglas Partners is seeking an experienced Underground Utilities Locator to be based in our Sydney office in West Ryde. The position will involve survey ground test locations and locating underground services in a professional, systematic and methodical process for bore hole drilling and test pit excavations. This will also include checking that proposed testing locations are clear of overhead services and structures.
The position reports to the Sydney Geotechnical Manager, although you will work closely with the Section Managers and members of the Geotechnical, Environmental and Rock Mechanics sections.
Responsibilities will include:
- Locating underground utilities prior to field work activities using electromagnetic and ground penetrating radar (GPR) equipment.
- Collection of coordinates and levels using differential global positioning system (dGPS) equipment.
- Survey levelling using optical and laser levels.
- Assisting field staff with testing on job sites.
- Coordination of subcontractors engaged to undertake underground utilities location including vacuum extraction.
- Work under strict WHS requirements.
- Maintain equipment.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Current Manual Driver's Licence.
- Telstra/Dial-Before-You-Dig accreditation. Current 2016 accreditation preferable but not essential.
- Minimum one year's experience in locating underground utilities.
- Experience using dGPS and survey levelling equipment is preferable.
- Practical skills in maintaining field and electronic equipment.
- An ability to work in a team environment.
- A friendly, positive and enthusiastic attitude with a 'can do' approach.
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Values the importance of operating within Work Health and Safety (WHS), Environmental Management and Quality Assurance (QA) systems.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If this position sounds appealing to you, please Complete the form below and submit a resume and brief covering letter demonstrating your qualifications and experience for our consideration.