Groundwater utilisation systems can also vary considerably in nature. Examples include waterbores / tubewells (deep and shallow), infiltration galleries, large diameter wells, spearpoint systems and borefields.
Douglas Partners’ expertise in developing groundwater resources includes:
- Review of geological mapping and hydrogeological data to focus on likely groundwater sources;
- Geophysical surveying and test drilling to confirm resources;
- Groundwater quality assessment;
- Design of appropriate groundwater utilisation systems;
- Hydraulic testing to confirm yield and sustainability;
- Advice on rehabilitation of groundwater utilisation systems; and
- Obtaining regulatory approvals.