About the Role
Our Sydney office is seeking a motivated mid to senior level Engineering Geologist who has at least 10 years' experience to join the team that is led by luminaries like John Braybrooke.
Duties and responsibilities are:
- Creation of geological, hydrogeological and geotechnical models for a range of building, linear infrastructure and other projects.
- Undertake landslip risk assessment for projects ranging from residential developments to infrastructure projects.
- Undertake slope stability analyses for landslip and bulk excavation projects using software such as SLOPE/W.
- Clearly and confidently advise clients and in-house engineering/design teams on slope stability aspects, stabilization measures and remediation of slopes and excavations.
- Planning and coordinating field investigations for a wide variety of medium to large scale residential / commercial / industrial / infrastructure projects;
- Coordination and oversight of site inspection / testing / monitoring services for construction sites for a range of deep excavation, earthworks, road and rail projects;
- Undertake inspections and provide advice on the stability of deep excavations (e.g. for basements) and advise on stabilization measures such as rock bolting and anchoring; and
- Prepare proposals and write reports for site investigation, assessments and construction phase services (CPS).
To be considered for this role, the successful applicant will:
- Have at least 10 years’ professional experience as an Engineering Geologist
- Have a keen interest and passion for geotechnical engineering and geology;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Competently operate effectively both in a small team environment and independently;
- Demonstrate a positive ‘can-do’ attitude;
- Enjoy working both outdoors and in the office; and
- Achieved a Bachelor of Geology degree;
Additional beneficial experience and skills include:
- Masters in Engineering Science (Geotechnical Engineering or Hydrogeology), or in Geology.
- CPS or mining experience, where you were responsible for nominating and specifying support.
- Competent user of GiS and geological/geotechnical software such as Leapfrog, finite element modelling (e.g PLAXIS) and MapInfo or ArcGiS.
Advantages and Benefits of Working for Douglas Partners
Enjoy working for a company that is committed to investing in your future. You will be part of a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to continue your professional development to advance your technical and leadership expertise. We offer generous support for completion of further studies and gaining chartered status.
Our ethos is to allow employees to enjoy the benefits of their efforts. This includes regular salary reviews, an annual bonus system, an overtime system, and potential to become a shareholder. Extended annual leave and superannuation are provided following service milestones.
If you have the prerequisites for this position, please submit your resume and covering letter.
Please note that only people with Australian work rights will be considered and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.