Located in Western Australia, Shorehaven is a large residential development that will feature approximately 3,000 dwellings over a 250 Ha site nestled on the pristine Alkimos coastline, also known as Perth’s best swimming beaches.
Created by Award-winning property group, Peet Limited, Shorehaven’s master-planned residential development design maximises the natural features of the area and supports the local environment through parks, open spaces and look-outs.
Douglas Partners’ involvement started in 2008 with the initial geotechnical investigations for the planning of the development. From the early stages, the project not only presented a diverse range of requirements and testing methods but also challenged the teams in their ability to manage and coordinate large scale investigations. The Douglas Partners team also provided support and advice during the supervision of earthworks (Earthworks contractors: Vincent & Co) and post construction testing. Shorehaven development transformed a large dune landscape into a highly desirable coastal living in a growing area of Perth’s northern suburbs.
Over the course of three years, Douglas Partners has provided:
- Over 300 test pits and PSP test locations to determine the subsurface conditions and collect samples for laboratory testing;
- Over 100 Cone Penetration tests (CPT);
- Site classification and foundation designs;
- Permeability testing for stormwater management purposes;
- Assessment of the depth and strength of limestone;
- Earthworks inspections and testing;
- Karst feature risk assessment;
- Continuing consultation with engineers; and
- Risk assessment for Acid Sulphate Soils.