We deliver on this by:
- Continual promotion and improvement in work place health and safety
- complying with relevant health and safety, workplace injury management and workers compensation legislation and regulations;
- planning work activities to eliminate or control foreseeable hazards or risks;
- fostering a safety culture, including establishment of Committees;
- providing appropriate health and safety consultation, instruction and training for employees; and
- maintaining equipment and workplaces in safe condition;
Our health and safety goal is to continually strive for improvement and to be able to demonstrate this to our employees and clients through our actions and results.
Safety leadership is recognised and rewarded at all levels throughout Douglas Partners.
To this end, Douglas Partners has implemented a Branch Safety Culture Award which commends the branch whose staff most effectively and consistently promote a positive safety culture and take a leadership position on safety and looking out for each other.
This years' winners of the Branch Safety Culture Award was our Townsville Team who were chosen for the award based on their consistent commitment to safety, most particularly their teamwork in setting safe processes for a new drilling rig.