Douglas Partners understand the requirements of the Marine Industry for both near shore and offshore infrastructure and for monitoring of natural processes. We have extensive experience in the complexities of working over water.
The range of services Douglas Partners provides to the Marine sector include:
- Geotechnical investigations in open waters, harbours, rivers and estuaries from drilling ships and barges;
- Specialised testing equipment, including a wide range of cone penetration testing, soil samplers and environmental monitoring systems;
- Geotechnical design and analysis of near shore and offshore foundations, gravity based structures, well configuration and anchors;
- Marine geophysical surveys, including seismic reflection and refraction, sonar and magnetics to assess potential hazards, bottom sediment type and depth;
- Subsea inspections using licenced divers;
- Onshore and offshore soils laboratory testing;
- Offshore geotechnical surveys including site investigations for pipeline routes and assessment of seabed stability;
- Dynamic pile capacity testing;
- Environmental assessment of marine and estuarine sediments;
- Conductivity Cone penetration testing to determine stratification and comparative contaminant levels;
- Acid sulfate soil assessment of sediments;
- Specialist in-situ sampling and testing of fine sediments;
- Dredged spoil disposal advice; and
- Harbour reclamation studies.