Protection of groundwater resources necessitates an assessment of the likely impact of proposed developments on the groundwater system. In addition, sustainable utilisation of groundwater resources requires careful management to ensure that resources are not degraded.
An Assessment of Impact is required to be undertaken for most developments or groundwater utilisation projects in order to obtain approvals from Regulatory Authorities. Our expertise in undertaking Impact Assessments includes:
- Collection of baseline data;
- Development of Conceptual Hydrogeological Models;
- Assessing impact using analytical or numerical modelling;
- Evaluating management strategies;
- Groundwater monitoring programs; and
- Undertaking compliance reporting.