The construction of monitoring bores or piezometers allows information on groundwater levels and groundwater quality to be obtained. Networks of groundwater monitoring locations are designed to establish baseline (pre-development) conditions, and to record changes (if any occur) over time.
Douglas Partners’ expertise in groundwater monitoring includes:
- The design and installation of groundwater monitoring networks comprising monitoring bores and / or piezometers;
- The installation of Vibrating Wire Piezometers (VWPs), downloading and processing of VWP data;
- Installation of dataloggers, and the downloading, correction and analysis of pressure transducer data;
- Installation of dataloggers in remote areas and downloading via telemetry (i.e. mobile phone networks);
- Field recording of water quality parameters;
- Sampling of groundwater for detailed analysis of chemical parameters at a NATA accredited laboratory;
- Design and undertaking of groundwater monitoring programs; and
- Analysis and reporting of monitoring data for submission to Regulatory Authorities.